Thursday, January 5, 2012

REVIEWS FROM BOULDER


Happy 2012! Since my last blog, we changed from 2011 to 2012, my oldest son became a teenager and yes, he promised me that he would not be an annoying teenager :), my younger son informed me heʼs a tween; schools back in session, indoor lacrosse and basketball start this weekend and life is back to schedules and timelines! The adventures continue on my ride to have Chocobanzo sold retail!
My running partner, Amy, so graciously agreed to join me in dropping off some samples to the lab on Wednesday. She loves an adventure and I did not want to disappoint.

We drove out to the Industrial district of Denver (coming from the south). Traffic is light, we get there in lighting time - driving in circles - put address in my gps and “Sally” gets us to our destination! Approach the big metal gate, call Mike from Lab, he lets us in. Sheʼs letting me know that sheʼs glad sheʼs with me, weʼre obviously not in the burbs anymore:). Gates close behind us, we go in, chat with Mike, sign papers, leave Chocobanzo samples with hopes of this testing being done by Friday.



Amazing how many things your products need to be tested for, but thats a good thing. Big gates open and Iʼm treating Amy to the best Beet Burger ever in Boulder. Hey, itʼs only another 25 minutes north. We head to Boulder, my sensor for my tire comes on and says “very very low tire pressure.” Which I ignore because when itʼs cold out, it always comes on - fyi - wasnʼt cold yesterday.


We get to “Next Door” on Pearl street and Iʼm so excited. We order our Beet Burgers, Split the Smashed Fries and Cumin Carrots. Had to send a picture to my friend Christine, she was wishing she was with us!



Amy canʼt believe how yummy. If youʼre in Boulder, go to Pearl St and “Next Door” is next door to “The Kitchen.” Great organic food and proceeds/donations go to helping farms for school kids!
Bellies are full and smiles on our faces. We head back to Denver, on the way make a quick shopping stop. That “very very low tire pressure” keeps dinging at me! Ignore. Drop Amy off, meet a customer at Whole Foods to sell some Chocobanzo (her daughter has gluten and dairy issues) and I head over to pick my son up from school.



Making business calls, get my son, heading home. Lady runs up to my window about 3 miles from my house (at red light) to let me know I have a flat on my back drivers side tire - yikes.
Maybe that “very very low tire pressure” was correct. Stomach sinks, praying I can make it to Discount Tire - 4 miles away! Yippee! Made it. They take me right in and find a nail in my tire (canʼt imagine where I got that from...) - no damage to the rim! Someone was watching over us on our adventure, because I was driving 65-70 mph for 50 plus miles without a blowout! Huge sigh....

I am very thankful and optimistic that 2012 is going to be a GREAT Year! Appreciate the little things and pay attention!


Chocobanzo Updates: letters have gone out to grocery stores and school districts, in hopes of meeting, showing and selling Chocobanzo. Nutritional label is finished. Testing for ph, gluten, dairy and nuts should be done by tomorrow. Labels for QPS (so you can scan with your phone) and Barcode (for grocery stores) are complete. Shelf life testing should start Friday or Monday (depending on lab). Inquiring at commercial kitchens that are closer to my house - need commercial kitchen to make my dip. Have ordered large amounts of supplies - starting to arrive. I believe weʼre almost there. Exciting and yes, still have sleepless nights! Until next time - Get Real, Get Raw and Spread it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment