Thursday, December 15, 2011

A BEGINNING

Always being known for my Hummus with many people requesting that I sell it, once you’ve had Christine’s Hummus, you can’t eat the store brands.”  I seriously thought about selling it, until I walked into numerous grocery stores and saw it was not a battle I wanted to join!  Life got in the way and that was the end or was it……..

In the summer of 2011, I found out my 12 year old son was allergic to dairy.  I have always made or bought healthy food for my family, but this was a challenge.  So many products have dairy in them or call for dairy.

One day I was playing around with ingredients and recipes and came up with a healthy concoction.  It needed some revisions. Hating to throw out all those organic ingredients, I put it in the refrigerator and figured I’d come back to it later to make some changes.

A few days later, my boys had some of their buddies over and as usual they were hungry.  They asked if they could eat the “chocolate stuff” in the refrigerator. I laughed at my son's curiosity to try the “chocolate stuff” with his friends, a hungry group of lacrosse players. But to everyone's liking, they couldn't get enough of it, dipping the concoction into whatever they could find.  Funny part is, the day I was making it, I was throwing away the packaging from the ingredients, before anyone in the family could see what I was using.  If all those boys liked it, I found something good! 


High approval came from family and friends, with the encouragement to share this with others who desire something that is healthy and tastes great.  After months of adding, subtracting, constructive criticism/advice from friends/family, taste tests, passing out samples, etc – The “chocolate stuff” was perfected and Chocobanzo was created! Chocobanzo is a dairy, gluten and nut free, low glycemic, high protein dip that satisfies the between meal hungers or a cocktail party dip, with a healthy alternative."   



Our favorite pairings are fruit (bananas-yum), graham crackers, pretzels, marshmallows, pound cake (as a filling in the middle) I have kept this as a raw food, so please keep it cold.  I continue to use only unrefined oils and organic ingredients.  You will not find any preservatives, food coloring or stuff that gives it a long shelf life or doesn’t need to be in there. My food is always made with love - just ask my kids.  Love has been put into Chocobanzo.  Thank you and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment